Love God, Love others, Love the world.
Information for the Parents:
Thank you for your interest in A Night of PURE Fun!, a special ministry of First Baptist Church, Valdosta. A Night of PURE Fun! is a ministry for families that have children with special needs. It exists to provide a brief respite for your family. Parents drop their children off at church with our volunteers and take a well-deserved break to spend time doing things they enjoy. There is no cost to you.
- A Night of PURE Fun! will be held on October 14th. The program is from 5:30pm to 8:00 pm. The program will be located in the Family Life Center at First Baptist Church, Valdosta. The Family Life Center is on the south end of the campus at the intersection of West Central Ave and Oak Street. The best entrance is the side that faces West Central Ave.
- Registration of your child(ren) are required no later than 12:00 p.m. on August 11th. Because of how the ministry is designed, we cannot accept walk-ins. We are only able to serve up to 20 families at each program. Reservations will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis. If we are unable to serve your family, we will contact you.
To register online, visit fbcvaldosta.org or come by the church office.
- We are prepared to receive children ages 3-18 with developmental and physical disabilities and their siblings (also ages 3-18).
- We plan to serve pizza and drinks and may have other snacks. If your child has special dietary need, please explain where indicated on the registration form.
- Please also supply any other special snacks, drinks, and diapers/wipes for each child as needed.
- Sometimes an extra set of clothes is helpful as well. Please label all personal items and bags.
- If your child is ill, please follow the same guidelines as your child’s school before bringing him/her.
- As much as possible, each volunteer will work with the same child at each PURE Fun! We will ask you to “train” your child’s volunteer (e.g., any special medicines, procedures, behaviors, precautions, etc.), because you will be the best source of information about your child. Some nurses and specialists may be available, but volunteers will get their most valuable training from you. You are welcome to stay at the church for as long as you need with your child and the volunteer until you feel comfortable.
- You will be asked to fill out a medical release in case of emergency, and also a release to photograph your child. We will take a photo of your child their first event and keep it in their file. This will help the staff and volunteers better identify your child(ren) and know them better.
- Above all, we are excited to have your child(ren) with us, and pray you are able to enjoy this time as much as we will!
First Baptist Church is part of the PURE Ministries network. More information about PURE Ministries can be found at http://pure-ministries.com/.
You may call the church office at 229-242-0484 or email mailto:email@example.com with any questions.