First Baptist Church Valdosta: A Night of PURE Fun!
Information for the Parents:
Thank you for your interest in A Night of PURE Fun!, a special ministry of First Baptist Church, Valdosta. A Night of PURE Fun! is a ministry for families that have children or adults with special needs. It exists to provide a brief respite for your family. Parents and caregivers drop off participants at church with our volunteers and take a well-deserved break to spend time doing things they enjoy. Your child will enjoy a pizza dinner, Bible story, crafts and music and other activities. There is no cost to you.
- A Night of PURE Fun! is located in the Family Life Center at First Baptist Church, Valdosta. The Family Life Center is on the south end of the campus at the intersection of West Central Ave and Oak Street. The address is 211 West Central Avenue, Valdosta.
- Registration of participants is required no later than 48 hours before the event. Because of how the ministry is designed, we cannot accept walk-ins. Reservations will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. If we are unable to serve your family, we will contact you prior to the event.
- We are prepared to receive children ages 3 and up and their siblings as well as adults with developmental and physical disabilities.
- We plan to serve pizza and drinks and may have other snacks. If the participant has a special dietary need, please explain where indicated on the registration form.
- Please also supply any other special snacks, drinks, and diapers/wipes for each participant as needed.
- Sometimes an extra set of clothes is helpful as well. Please label all personal items and bags.
- As much as possible, each volunteer will work with the same participant at each PURE Fun! We will ask you to “train” the assigned volunteer (e.g., any special communication needs, procedures, behaviors, precautions, etc.), because you will be the best source of information. Some nurses and specialists may be available, but volunteers will get their most valuable training from you. You are welcome to stay at the church for as long as you need until you feel comfortable.
- You will be asked to fill out a medical release form in case of emergency, and also a release form to photograph the participant. We will take a photo of each participant at his/her first event and keep it in his/her file. This will help the staff and volunteers better identify the participants and know them better.
- Photographs from the event will be available for viewing on our Facebook page at http://facebook.com/FirstBaptistValdostaPUREFun
- Above all, we are excited to have your family with us, and we pray you are able to enjoy this time as much as we will!
First Baptist Church is part of the PURE Ministries network. More information about PURE Ministries can be found at http://pure-ministries.com/.
P: Perfectly created by a loving sovereign God, designed for His purposes
U: Unique in his or her own gifts, blessings, talents, desires, and contributions
R: Receptive and responsive to our communication, touch and acts of love
E: Eternal: there are no disabled souls
You may call the church office at 229-242-0484 or email mailto:email@example.com with any questions